Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kenny Rankin - Like A Seed








Kenny Rankin - Like A Seed
Little David Records LD1003 (1972)




Side One:
1. Like A Seed
2. Yesterday’s Lies
3. Peaceful
4. Sometimes
5. Comin’ Down
6. Stringman



Side Two:
1. Eartheart
2. Bad Times Make You Strong
3. You Are My Woman
4. I Was Born
5. If I Should Go To Pray







Personnel:
John Guerin, Jim Keltner - Drums
Kenny Rankin - Lead Vocals, Guitars, Background Voice
Lee Sklar, Max Bennett - Bass
Mike Deasy - Guitars, Saxophone, Background Voice, String Arrangements
Larry Knechtel, Victor Feldman - Keyboards
Jim Horn - Saxophone, Flutes, Horn Arrangements
Gayle Levant - Harp
Ted Michel - Cello
Dan Rothmuller, Eliot Chapo, Allan DeVeritch, Jose Madera - Strings
Mel Tax - Sweet Potato
Gary Coleman - Percussion
Chanda Rankin, Gena Maria Rankin, Chris Rankin, Yvonne Rankin, Kathie Deasy - Background Voice
Monte Kay, Jack Lewis - Producer
Don Peake - String Arrangements, String Orchestration





1 comment:

  1. Dear ,
    I don't know very well how to reach you.
    Hope this works.
    I can add some recordings to your excellent discography.
    As I am Byrds fan I made a list of Byrds related contributions of John.
    Only from my collection
    Greetz
    Here is my list. Hope it can be helpful
    http://rateyourmusic.com/list/beestie/byrds_one_by_one__john_guerin_in_the_byrds__muleskinner_and_l_a_express__1972_1977_/

    ReplyDelete